Monday, July 1, 2013

Otra semana completa - parte 2

June 25 - Part 2

alrighty, back for just a bit so i'll try to wrap the week up...

Saturday- temple!  Our ward did a youth temple trip but we pushed to get the recent converts to go too, so us missionaries got to go and help out.  Rafael doesn't like the train, so we took buses there- took awhile, but it was a nice ride and we got to talk to some people on the way to and from the temple.  The temple so great!  I love it a ton, and getting to see the baptistery of the Manhattan temple was a great experience.  Rafael enjoyed it and the youth did too.  Between taking the bus and then it just taking awhile at the temple, we pretty much spent the whole day there. We had one lesson afterwards and then ate some dinner before going home.

Sunday- church, studies, broadcast!  That was about it.  But the broadcast was great!  The work was going forward and it's such a blessing being a part of it.

Monday- district meeting followed by an exchange with Elder Price, another elder in the district.  We had a pretty packed and productive day- five lessons all with members there, so that was sweet!  Elder Price is a great guy and I learned a lot about just choosing to be happy, realizing that all will be well so we shouldn't spare a moment being down or sad, but we should make the best of our time as we put off bad and negative feelings.

Tuesday- we "unsplit" but Elder Martinez was feeling horrible.  Sick as a dog.  I made some phone calls and sent some texts and rescheduled or canceled the appointments that we had set.  He laid in bed for most of the day, and I just caught up on a bunch of stuff I had wanted to do- polished up the Area Book, wrote some member info in my planner, caught up my journal, did some cleaning, did my laundry, did some organizing, etc.  I loved it!  I've been waiting for a day like that since mid-November...  Haha but yeah it felt good catching up on some stuff.

Today- Elder Martinez was feeling better.  We studied, cleaned, shopped, emailed and then head to the church for a zone activity.  We watched Seventeen Miracles and it was great!  I love getting together with the zone and other missionaries- it's great!

So that's pretty much the week!  Things are going well- I'm feeling super blessed and I'm loving the mission more and more everyday.  I know that the work that me and the other seventy thousand missionaries are doing is the work of God and I'm so grateful to be a part of it.  Thanks for the support and love- don't forget to share your testimony sometime this week!  Have a great week!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment