Monday, July 1, 2013

Misericordia y El Espiritu Santo

June 19, 2013

Hello all!

This week was great!  I've got a bunch of things that happened that I thought were sweet, but I doubt I'll have time to get them all in here, so I'll just be sure to have my journal up to snuff so that people can at least enjoy these experiences a few years down the road.

Wednesday- good stuff!  Manhattan went well- we got to see everything we set out to see, and I was able to take pictures, so I'll try to shoot some pictures off when I can.

Thursday- Elder Martinez wasn't feeling well, so we stayed in and took it easy, then I went out with one of our roommates for a couple of appointments in the evening.  It was good- I feel like I got some stuff done, so I was grateful for that.

Friday- Our plans fell through, our backup plans fell through, and everything else after that kind of fell through so we went knocking for the first time in awhile.  I don't like knocking because it's not super effective for the effort put into it.  I like it, but I feel like doing other stuff is better.  Doing it Friday, however, was great!  We didn't have much success, but I could feel the Lord's support as we tried to keep pushing on even when things weren't working out.  Our desire to work and our efforts to follow the Spirit, even in the little things, let us have some great experiences after that.  We helped a taxi driver who destroyed his tire trying to flip a u-turn and he came away really touched by that service.  We then had a sweet lesson with one of my favorite members who's going through a tough time.  I love being able to see the Gospel be able to lift people up- it's the best!  And then that was about it for the night.

Saturday- we have correlation on Saturdays, and then not a lot happened after that.  We went to lessons and stuff, but nothing too terribly exciting.

Sunday- church was good!  And then God showed us how good His timing is when we tried stopping by a less active that we haven't seen in weeks to find that he had literally come home to walk his dog and then go back out.  We chatted with him and have a return appointment with him tonight!

Monday- district meeting is always great!  We had some good lessons afterwards, and then we got to see one of our great investigators- her name is Ilka and she's just progressing very well.  She's reading, praying, going to church, receiving revelation and she is able to recognize that she's receiving that revelation.  She's great and the Lord had blessed us with good success with her.

Tuesday- Elder Martinez gave some haircuts to other missionaries, so we kind of hung around.  I got a CD in the mail "From a friend" and it was this sweet CD that I've been wanting for a little while, so thank you friend!  That was a great tender mercy.  Later we followed up and had a first lesson with somebody we knocked into and we committed them to baptism!  It's going to be great working with them!  Then we had a good dinner as a district at a members house.

Today we're going down to the city.  It'll be great!

The computer is about to kick me off so I have to go!  Thanks for everything and have a good week!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment