Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Happy Endings. And Yes, This is English

Good morning!

Transfers have come indeed! It was bitter sweet to get a call Saturday night saying that I would be moving. It was inevitable- I knew I was going sooner or later. But I am super excited with where I am going. I am going... Back to the Bronx! Same zone- Kingsbridge! I am actually going to be serving in the English ward there, in the English program (I already ordered my English tags). I am excited to experience the full-on culture of the English program and be able to preach the gospel in my native language. I have been on a few exchanges in the English program and I have always enjoyed it, so this will be good. I won't forget my Spanish, however, because in the zone I am going to, two of the three districts are Spanish speaking, assigned to the two Spanish speaking wards out of the three in the zone, and so that makes for about eighteen Spanish speaking missionaries out of the twenty eight missionaries there, not to mention the high population of Spanish speakers that live in the Bronx. I feel like I am going to get the best of both worlds. And we all meet in the same building, which means I will get to see all of my favorite people from my last area in the Concourse ward practically every Sunday. My area covers the central north part of the Bronx, so it will be interesting to see the different dynamics here. I have actually been on two or three exchanges in that area and so I already know a couple people.  President Morgan said I am likely to finish there- that is weird to hear. Anyways, I am nothing but excited about going there!

These past few days have been tough- packing is dumb and saying goodbye to people is dumb. I normally wouldn't suggest going to out of your way to say goodbye as a missionary, but I have felt that I am going to maintain a lot of these relationships that I have made after the mission, so I've taken a little bit of time to stop by and say "see ya" to some members. Feeling their love has been great.  As I have tried to love these people, Heavenly Father has graciously used me as an instrument in His hands to help these people out, and for that I have receive a ton of love back. That has filled me up with joy and I am so grateful for that. At the same time, I really haven't been too sad, surprisingly. I know that this isn't the end of my relationship with these people, and I feel like I will have the opportunity to see them again, at the very least on the other side. I love this area and the people here. I am excited to hear about things here in the future because I know that great things are to come for the people here in Zionburgh!

So yep, I'll be let you know how things start out back in Kingsbridge.

Today will be a crazy day full to traveling and unpacking and all that hooplah (transitions aren't the most fun :T), but I am looking forward to hitting the ground running. I know that anytime we have transfers and changes come about, it is revelation at play. I know that Heavenly Father has work specifically for me to do down in the Bronx and I am excited. I know He lives and directs His work, and I am so grateful for that.

Thanks for the support and love! I hope you have a great upcoming week!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment