Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Los Transferencias Vinieron y Voy a...

Quedarme aqui.

Hello!

For those of you non-Spanish speakers, I am staying put here in Newburgh!  With Elder Holbrook too!  I'm excited because I love this area and Elder Holbrook is great too!  Our apartment (which are the missionaries in our branch) stayed the same, so we're just going to keep on trucking.  I don't have a ton of time, so I'll just share a couple brief things...

Primo, il mio italiano e molto bene!  Not really, but I've had some experiences that have been sort of Heavenly Father giving me the go ahead to keep learning it.  Yesterday we met a guy from Italy, just talking to him on the street.  I spoke a little Italian to him, but he didn't seem too interested.  Later we went to the Hernandez's house, a member that feeds us every Tuesday, and the daughter took Italian in high school as does her friend who we taught a lesson to, so we were speaking a little Italian last night.  And then today we stopped by a Pizza place in Elder Topham's old area on the way back from transfers and I talked to the owner in a little Italian.  I don't have much down, but maybe by the end of the mission, I'll be able to hold a simple conversation.  We'll see!
We had a cool experience Saturday night.  We were driving to the people that we had planned to see, but things weren't lining up to work out well.  We felt like we should head down to Highland Falls (West Point area) to visit a less active, so we did.  That less active was not there, though, so we went to another less active who lives down the street.  We found the family home, but the mom was super sick, so we gave her a blessing.  She told us that she had been praying all day, and then we suddenly appeared.  I'm grateful to have been an answer to a prayer, and I love to see God guiding us in His work.  Learning how we personally hear the Spirit is so important and so handy and it's something that I'm learning.

Things are going well!  This cycle is going to be great!  And I look forward to shooting you off a good report next week!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment