Wednesday, October 23, 2013

La Buena Vida del Trio

Buenas Tardes!

Things are great here in Orange County!  The trees are as beautiful as ever and I am loving the weather.  I'm just trying to soak it in because I'm going to be missing out on a good eastern fall for the next few years after this.

Being in a trio hasn't been too bad at all.  I feel like we've got a good dynamic as a companionships and we haven't run into any problems at all.  Being in a trio is nice because then we only need one priesthood holder to come with us to do a split, so we've been trying to get those going consistently.  Doing such is getting the branch more involved and is probably just going to lead to some great success!

We actually had a baptism last weekend!  It was from the other guys, so I was kind of brought into that baptism.  Her name is Claudia and Elder Lewis and I actually started a connection with her less active grandma, Reyna.  We had been working with Reyna and she had come back to church when the other missionaries came in.  We passed Reyna off to them and then in a little bit of time they started working with Claudia, and she decided to be baptized.  Reyna is now fully participating in church and Claudia is as well.  I had the honor of confirming her in church on Sunday so that was sweet (I also gave a talk, blessed the sacrament, gave the lesson in Priesthood and it seems like I did some other things too- I've had plenty of opportunities to serve out here- haha it's been great).  So yeah things went well with that, and we're figuring out how to balance the work of both areas for the time being.  Some people are falling through the cracks and we haven't had a lot of free time to find and get other people going, but we certainly have been busy.

Things are going well and the work is certainly going forward!  I hope everyone is doing well at home!


-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment