Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Me Quedo!

Buenas Tardes!

Another week passed.  Next week we'll be going to the Yankees game- that's going to be sweet!  Look for us on TV because the whole mission is allowed to go and we are probably going to be sitting all together, so that certainly would be of interest for the cameras.

Anyways, transfers came, and...  Still here in the Bronx!  With Elder Martinez!  I'm going to get to finish training him.  Elder Richards, one of my roommates went up to Danbury, CT, so Elder Jensen got a new companion strait from the MTC.  I'm super old compared to the other Elders in the district, so that's going to be interesting.  But this cycle is going to be great- we've got some good things going on with the people that we're working on.  We went into a lesson last Saturday intending to possibly drop somebody, but we came out with a baptismal date and three firm appointments a week, so it's interesting to see how the Lord sometimes guides us like that!  We also had a family of less actives that hadn't come to the church in years come!  They want to go to the temple and the boy who is twelve wants to get baptized, so we're going to get them going to church stably before we work with him.  The referrals from the Bishop are progressing well too, so this cycle is going to be sweet!  I know that the Lord has been blessing us with this success as we've really been trying to be obedient and be diligent.  Our will is really the only thing that we have that the Lord cannot take away, so when we give that to Him, He blesses us greatly in exchange.

This cycle I'm really going to work on further giving myself to the Lord.  I know that as we drop our pride, pretty much all of our problems go away.  We can always be more humble, and I believe that until we're perfect, there's always more that we're hanging on that we can give up to the Lord.  I also know that the people around us are children of God with great potential.  We can always learn from those around us, and so I'm working on being able to see, focus on and then learn from the good of those around me.  I know that as we do that, we demonstrate a desire to learn and we also are given the opportunity to lift up those around us.  Even just in my apartment, between the four of us, we've got almost eighty years of life experience from which we can all benefit.  If we can put our pride aside, our worries about the way others perceive us, and we just seek to glorify God in all things, we are sanctified, purified and are able to come closer to Christ.  God is so great and I'm humbled knowing that He loves me enough to bless me with others to help me.  I'm looking forward to a great cycle, filled with lots of learning, and I'll be sure to share little tidbits of the great things I'm learning with you guys!

I hope you have a great week coming up!  Thanks for everything!


-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment