Friday, October 5, 2012

En Su fuerza, puedo hacer todas las cosas

(In His strength, I can do all things)


Buenas Dias!

I believe that today marks a month of being here at the MTC and that tomorrow is my half way point.  I´m getting there.

Thanks for the letter!  I'll try resending pictures later while we're doing laundry- those computers don't track your time spent on email.  I only have one four gigabyte memory card with me.

I really don't have a ton to report this week- things are pretty routine at this point.  I'm definitely still learning and growing and having good experiences, but that's all just become the norm here.  A good norm.  My companionship is switching up again- Elder Snyder received his visa and travel plans for Peru on Wednesday, so he'll be leaving Monday for the Peru MTC.  We've got two companionships of two left in my district, so I'll probably be slapped on with one of them.  General Conference makes this situation a bit tricky, but I guess I'll be able to report to you next week how things worked out.  In the mean time, though, I've really enjoyed being companions with Elder Snyder.  He's a great guy and he's going to be a great missionary!  Being together one on one has been great (trio's kind of stink) so it's a bummer he has to go so soon.  Additionally, I'll be moving to a different room in my building to be with whoever my new companions are.  So four companionship changes in four weeks- crazy crazy...

Life here at the MTC is great, but we've come up with a few little things to do for fun.  Such include watching sparks come out when you open a bandaid, messing with people on the other side of a two way mirror using a plastic jack-o-lantern Elder Snyder's uncle sent him, tie trading, learning how to tie different tie knots, playing "In which chapter in The Book of Mormon is this verse," and many other great things that I just can't remember.  Haha.  Oh and speaking of tie trading, in our district we've found out that you can trade junk food for ties, so feel free to send whatever junk food in any packages you send.

I've really enjoyed teaching here at the MTC.  Normally we're teaching our teachers pretending to be investigators, and then on Friday night we teach volunteers acting as themselves.  All of our teaching is done in Spanish.  Even though it's generally not a real situation, if we go in with the right attitude, we can come out with real experiences.  I enjoy seeing the promises of the Lord being fulfilled in the sort of stuff you hear about all the time with missionary work, like going in there with a set plan and having that change because the person being taught needs something else, and seeing how we're able to come up with words and express ourselves in ways that we otherwise are generally unable to do, and many other things.  I feel like I'm better learning how to trust in my companions and in the Spirit, and that I'm better able to feel and follow the promptings of the Spirit.  Lessons aren't always perfectly smooth, but as long as we come out having helped that person come closer to Christ, we've done our job.  I just can't wait to get out into the field and be able to see real change in people's lives as we share with them the sweet message of the Restored Gospel.

I'm sorry I don't have much else to report on.  Like I said, things are good, I'm learning and growing and having experiences that will help me to be able to be a better missionary.  He aprendido mucho espanol,  y aprendere mucho mas espanol en las proximas semanas.  Es importate que yo trabaje con y confie en El Senior porque come dice en Alma 26:12, "Yo se que nada soy.  En cuanto a mi fuerza, soy debil.  Por tanto, no me jactare en mi mismo, sino que gloriare en mi Dios, proque en su fuerza, puedo hacer todas las cosas."  Con Su fuerza puedo aprender espanol y hacer todas las cosas.

Thanks for the all the support back home!  Hope you have a great week!

Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment