Friday, October 26, 2012

El Fin Viene

Hello to all!

Week and half left?  Seems unreal!  I love the MTC and I've learned and grown like crazy hear, but I can't wait to get out to the field!

I don't have a lot of time to write today (my laundry just finished and we've got dinner shortly), but I'll try to get off everything I want to say.

First off- Feliz cumpleanos Abuela!  (Happy birthday Grandma!)  I hope it was great!

Second off- There is a Hermana Henrie in our zone in the class room right next to us and I was talking to her and it turns out that she was one of Mackenzie Gregerson's freshman year roommates!  That was an exciting discovery.  She also lived in Grand Junction for a little while, so Yep good stuff.  Anyways, if anyone reading this wants to tell Mackenzie about that, that'd be great!  Because I have no direct form of contact with her otherwise.

Third off- Spanish.  Va bien!  I don't know if that works as a translation, but it's going well!  Thus far this week I've probably spoken more than 50% in Spanish.  And the Natives think I'm doing well, and I feel like I'm to the point where I've just got to work out a lot of little kinks and learn a lot of vocab, but otherwise, I feel like I'm to the point where I can figure out how to express myself with most things.  I've still got another week and a half to learn, so I'm looking forward to that.  I'm hoping to be fluent by the end of the year!

And finally, I've had a good number of humbling days lately.  For the most part, the biggest advice that I feel like I get from the Lord is to just press forward, doing what I'm supposed to do, and things will turn out well.  And that's been the case!  As I've chugged along and really strived to improve myself and turn my will over to the Lord, He's helped me to improve myself and have some really great experiences!  And that's so true for everybody, as anybody endures to the end of their daily, weekly or whatever sort of trials, with a good attitude, continually trying to do what they're supposed to, things just work out.

Sorry for not having more time.  Just as a heads up, I'll be writing on Saturday next week- things shuffle around for the last week.  So yep, have a good week!

Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment