Sunday, September 2, 2012

Este Lo Es, Chicos :I

I'll be getting set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in less than eight hours.  Then tomorrow, early in the morning, we'll be leaving for the airport to go to Utah (my parents are coming to drop me off).  The idea that I'm leaving now is a little surreal- I've been waiting for it for a long time, so I'm having a hard time knowing what to think at this point.  There's just a lot to take in.  But it'll be good just to make the transition, get into the Missionary Training Center and not to have to worry about the stresses of making sure everything is in line.

Speaking of the MTC, I called in, did a little language test and found out that I'll be starting with intermediate Spanish classes, but I'll still be there for nine weeks.  So.  If you have any desire to get in touch with me, you can write me at...

Elder Jeffrey Griffiths
MTC Mailbox # 291
NY-NYCN 1106
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Or if you'd like an easier, free and more immediate means of communication, go to...

http://www.dearelder.com/index/

... Select the Provo MTC, then fill out the information and write a message.  My MTC Box number us 291, I guess my mission code is NY-NYCN 1106, and then my estimated time of departure is 11/7/2012 or somewhere around there.  But yep, I would love to hear from you, and if you choose to write me, I'll try my hardest to write back!

And please do continue to check up on this blog.  My mom will be posting my weekly letter home, which does in fact mean that there will be a new post every week.  And I'll be having her post pictures I send home and all that hooplah, so stay tuned- the best is yet to come!

I'm not sure what's left to be said.  I've been waiting for a long time to be able begin my service and I am really excited about having this opportunity.  Many people tell me I'm ready to go.  I agree in the sense that I am ready to move on and getting going, but if people are implying that I've got it all together to be able to preach the gospel, that's news to me.  Haha I've still got a ton to learn (not even including an ENTIRELY different language.  Goodness :T), and even if I know it all, I won't make one bit of difference without the Spirit.  I've tried to do a good job preparing, but I know I'm still quite inadequate.  Luckily I've got Heavenly Father to fill in the gaps and get me to where I need to be to be the best instrument in His hands so long as I choose to work hard and be obedient.  I know serving is going to be tough, but I know it's going to be worth it, at the very least to those whose lives are touched by the sweet message of the restored gospel.  I'm grateful for all those who have helped me to get where I am today.  And I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father that trusts me with the great responsibility to serve.

I'll leave you with a song and a scripture that do a good job of summing up my feelings.

I Will Not Be Still

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.  Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people." -Doctrine and Covenants 18:10-11, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment