Wednesday, January 8, 2014

El Año Nuevo

January 1, 2014


Happy New Year everybody! 

We had a great night last night, celebrating by going to bed at 10:30. Haha we actually did not have to be in by 6:00, so we got to stay out and work. We were able to get in with a couple people so that worked in our favor. Woke up this morning to a new year and that was that. 

This past week was great! Christmas was great- we went caroling almost all day Christmas Eve and a little on Christmas as well. It was super fun and very fulfilling- we could see that we made a difference in people's days. Spending that time serving others was super satisfying and made for one of the best Christmas's I've ever had. The next couple of days weren't quite as satisfying- I got some sort of stomach flu that knocked me out. I did lose any sort of weight that I gained eating tons of unhealthy food for the holiday season. That was a good outcome I guess. Haha but that slowed things down a little but. Now we're bouncing back, getting back into the groove of things. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow a ton, though, so that might throw things off. We'll see! 

With the new year, I've thought about repentance and the importance of repentance in bringing about change. I challenge you to join in with me in taking specific steps to repent everyday of all the little and maybe big things we do and don't do everyday. We start that process as we recognize what it is that we lack in doing the will of God, then we stop doing that thing, and confess it to God and ask for His forgiveness. We then make restitution, fixing anything that we may have messed up. Keeping the commandments helps give us strength to do all those things and then we do the most important part of it all- recognize and give thanks to Christ for making such possible. It's only through His atonement that we can change and be forgiven. So do it! Everyday. That's what I'm resolved to do before anything else, just repent. That will help me put everything else in line. 

Thanks for he support and the packages and everything- I enjoyed it all. Hope you guys have a great week and a great start to this new year! - Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment