Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Actuar... con Amor

November 13, 2013

Hello all!
I am limited on time- transfers always take up a good chunk of time- so I'll try to be brief.  Anyways, I am still here in Newburgh!  My new companion is Elder Wagner from Reno, Nevada and he's great!  He's been out for a few months and is coming from the Bronx, but a different ward in the Bronx than the one in which I served.  I'm looking forward to a good cycle or two with him!

This week was great!  I can't think of a lot that happened this week to be honest.  But it was a great week!  We had a good last hoorah as a trio, going around teaching people and we've seen great results!  The average attendance has gone up from about mid 50's to now being lower 70's!  We just need to get some more priesthood holders going!  We've got a baptism this weekend- Abril!  She's awesome- she's a fourteen year old who's family doesn't come to church too much but she and her older sister have been coming pretty much every Sunday lately.  She's got a great testimony and is really looking forward to the blessings that come from making covenants with God!

One of the bigger things that I feel like Heavenly Father has wanted to teach me on the mission is about acting with love.  A lot of times we're in a position where we can and even should tell somebody to do something, but it doesn't always work just to tell somebody what to do.  When we're in such a position we should be motivated by our love for others, for their well being and the well being of those around us.  When we act with love, we're able to say the words that motivate people, we're willing to give of ourselves and our resources to help others.  I've seen that a lot as a missionary- working with members, investigators and even other missionaries.  So yeah help others with love!  It's great!

Thanks for the love and support!  I hope you have a great week and I'll talk to you next week!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment