Wednesday, August 14, 2013

La Vida en el "Burgh Sucio"

Hello Everybody!

Times flying by!  We sang "Love at Home" this morning as an apartment and it says well that time just flies by when there's love at home, so I guess we're doing well loving.  Next week is transfers, so we'll see what happens!

I don't have a lot of time to write a lot (we're going to some ice caves as a zone), so sorry for keeping things short...

Things are going great! We had another great week filled with lots of good progress. One of the less active couples that we're working with is continuing to be a great support in fellowshipping the investigator that we received as a referral from them. They also had some concerns about church discipline but after talking about how great repentance is they accepted to talk to the branch president on Sunday and they did! Because of that, I know that they are well on their way to full activity and being a great support to the kingdom of God on the Earth, so Elder Lewis and I are excited about that. We also have another less active, Reyna, who has come to church for the last three Sundays in a row. She seems to understand the Restoration now and is also making great strides towards full activity in the church. We have a twelve year old investigator named Josh that wants to be baptized as soon as possible, so we're getting him ready for a baptism on September 7th. We really want to make sure he is getting baptized for the right reasons, so we constantly talk about what we feel about his understanding of such things. We've got a lot of other great things that are getting going and I'm just grateful to be here as an instrument in God's great work!

I'm learning tons and I've been able to see God's hand in my life and in His work more and more everyday.  I hope you guys are able to see the same!  Have a great week and I look forward to a giving a good report next week!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment