Thursday, April 18, 2013

Di A Luz...

Rafael!  Baptized at the Ripe Age of 77!

Hello!

Starting a new transfer- crazy!  But yep, as you were notified I will in fact be training this cycle!  I'll be training Elder Martinez and I'm excited!  He is from Puerto Rico, born and raised.  I'm a little nervous having this responsibility and getting used to a new companion is always a little different, but I know that the Lord will guide us to do what we need to do.
This week went by well!  We don't have a ton of time to write, but things went well this past week.  Friday I went to the trainers meeting and they pretty much just said to always seek to have the spirit, before everything else in your companionship, love your companion and always teach true doctrine.  Saturday was the baptism!  It all went well!  Rafael was super excited to get baptized!  I'll try to send a picture.  Sunday went well, but I was a little sick, so we stayed in after church and just got relaxed and got things ready for Elder Martinez.  Monday we had a zone potluck and then some lessons afterwards.  Tuesday Elder Longmore spent a little time packing and then we taught some more lessons.  Nothing too exciting!  But here we are on Wednesday.  We're going to do the essentials- go shopping, get stuff set up and then go to work!  He seems to be pretty excited about getting work, so hopefully we'll use that fire to pump up this area even more.
My mind is running blank right now- lots of stuff going on, but I'll try to make next week's letter great to make up for this week!  Thanks for everything!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment