Thursday, December 20, 2012

Los Cambios Vino y...


Buenas Tardes!

Thanks for letters and stuff, it's always good to hear about what all is going on even if there really isn't a ton going on.

Preparation Day might just be my least favorite day because they always stress me out and I feel like I accomplish absolutely nothing that I need to accomplish.  Today we had transfers, so now I'm serving in... the exact same place, good ol' Harlem East/El Barrio (Little Mexico- one of the best places in Manhattan.  Legitimate Mexican everything).  Elder Topham and I are still together too and we're looking forward to a great cycle together!  We had some switch ups in zone though, so that'll be good to get to know more people and learn lots from them.  Being in the city, especially in Manhattan, our Zone is pretty compact and so we work together a lot as a zone, and even more so as a district, so that's great!  But yep, transfer times are exciting, I've decided, especially since they are so inspired.  I know I'm where Heavenly Father wants me to be with the people with whom He wants me to be and now I'm just hoping to do what He wants me to do and be who He wants me to be.

I don't have a lot of time to write, but things are going well.  I'm figuring out my role in the work and how to accomplish the things that have been asked of me.  I think often times human nature leads us to take the easy route, avoid pressure and tension and so on, even if that's exactly where we need to head.  When such thoughts have come to me, I think back on 1 Nephi 3:7 and how the Lord has made all that He has asked of us possible.  I've seen the Lord testing me in all sorts of ways that don't even seem fair, but I'm still determined to do His work in the manner that He has prescribed.  A lot of time it's not as straightforward to follow the rules and do what He wants, but I know that as we have faith in His power to work miracles, have hope in the promised blessings that come from obedience, have charity that drives us to work for others, and we go and do, all will work out in the timing of the Lord.  I've been studying and learning a lot about patience because waiting for those blessing can be tough.  Luckily we're all on the Lord's time and He knows best, so I encourage everybody just to just keep trying, just keep doing what you know to be right and you will be led down the exact road that you need.

So things are working out.  Missionary work isn't by any means always easy, but it's enjoyable.

And sorry to anybody who wrote me- I plan on writing everybody back, I just haven't had a lot of time.  I think in the next couple of weeks, I should find some good time to write back to you- thanks for the patience in the meantime!  I appreciate your support and everything!

Merry Christmas to all!

-Elder Griffiths

No comments:

Post a Comment